Home » »

Written By Freedam to the nation resettlement of IDPs on Thursday, December 5, 2013 | 8:33 PM



 



"Otherwise I remain cosmopolitan in my outlook; in my thoughts I am as free as a falcon.

The anchor of all my dreams is the collective wisdom of mankind as a whole. I am influenced more than ever before by the conviction that social equality is the only basis of human happiness... It is around these issues that my thougts resolve. They are centred on humans, the ideas for which they strive; on the new world that is emerging; the new generation that declares total war against all forms of cruelty, against any social order that upholds economic privilege for a minority and that condemns the mass of the population to poverty and disease, illiteracy and the host of evils that accompany a stratified society".

From a letter to Senator Douglas Lukhele in Swaziland, 1 August 1970.

Nelson Mandela, "Conversations with Myself",
London, Macmillan, 2010, p. 182-183.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Freedom to the Nation - Resettlement of IDP - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger